- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
FOOD IT: The Full Stack will be held June 26, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., at UCSF Mission Bay Conference Center and UC ANR is a sponsor.
If you missed early registration, you can get a 40 percent discount by using the code SPECIALSAUCE at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/food-it-the-full-stack-tickets-39785715145. Click on the blue text Enter promotional code above the “Order Now” button.
FOOD IT: “The Full Stack” will use the tech developers' full stack model to assess the current digitization of food and agriculture, to identify areas of progress as well as near-term developments needed to overcome impasse.
Action-oriented entrepreneurs, investors and representatives from leading global food and agriculture innovation hubs will gather to explore the challenges and innovations in each layer of the stack
The event will use four distinct elements to explore the progress of this development effort:
1. Moderated group discussions on the four layers of the stack
- Physical layer: digitizing food/ag physical world data
- Data layer: getting food/ag data flowing
- App layer: doing food/ag jobs with tech
- UI/UX layer: digitizing our interface with food
2. Food and ag tech start-ups will pitch to seasoned venture capitalists, vying to win the “Golden Blender Award.”
3. Interactive breakout sessions will give participants the opportunity to take a deep dive together for collaborative discussion of timely topics related to food, agriculture and technology.
4. At the Innovation Marketplace, innovators will demonstrate products, services and programs. UCANR will have a booth to introduce The VINE – The Verde Innovation Network for Entrepreneurship – to cultivate regional innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems in rural communities. Led by GabrielYoutsey, UCANR chief innovation officer, The VINE connects entrepreneurs with resources such as small business development centers, community colleges, UC Cooperative Extension county offices, makers labs, incubators and accelerators.
“For the fifth year, thought leaders from the food, ag and tech sectors will once again gather for this thought-provoking event,” said Rob Trice, The Mixing Bowl's founder. “Through a day of interactive engagement, we will seek to better understand the whole picture and the full stack of food and ag digitization, the challenges and some of the solutions and technologies in each part of the stack.”
UCSF Mission Bay Conference Center is located at 1675 Owens St #251, San Francisco, CA 94158. General admission is $250 before applying the SPECIALSAUCE discount code. Register at bit.ly/FITFullStack.