- Author: Michelle Leinfelder-Miles
Here are a few announcements from UC Cooperative Extension. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions.
1. UC Cooperative Extension in San Joaquin and Stanislaus counties is partnering with the American Farmland Trust (AFT) to connect women landowners with resources, information, and a network. Women for the Land is an AFT program that began in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic states, providing women landowners with information for land conservation. The meeting details are below, and documents are attached at the bottom of this post. Please share the flyer with interested women in our region!
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019. 1:00-4:00pm. Cabral Agricultural Center, 2101 E. Earhart Ave., Stockton, CA 95206. To register, visit: farmland.org/SanJoaquinCountyLearningCircle or call 916-448-1064.
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019. 1:00-4:00pm. Stanislaus County Agricultural Center, 3022 Service Rd., Modesto, CA 95358. To register, visit: farmland.org/StanislausCountyLearningCircle or call 916-448-1064.
2. UC Cooperative Extension is hosting two Weed Science field days in the San Joaquin Valley. Event details are below, and flyers are attached at the bottom of this post. The events are free, but space is limited, and registration is required by calling the UCCE Merced County office at 209-385-7403. Pesticide applicator continuing education credits are available at each event (3.5 units).
- Tuesday, April 2 2019. 8:00am-12:15pm. Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center, 9240 South Riverbend Road, Parlier CA 93648
- Thursday, April 11, 2019. 8:00am-12:15pm. Westside Research and Extension Center, 17353 West Oakland Avenue, Five Points, CA 93624
3. The UC Pest Management Guidelines for dry beans have been updated. The guidelines provide information on 19 insect pests, 18 diseases, 6 abiotic disorders, nematodes, and weeds, including a new table of registered herbicides and timings for dry beans.