- Author: Kathleen P Nolan
The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) is now accepting proposals for the 2020 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP).
Each year, CDFA conducts a two-phase competitive solicitation process to award funds to projects that enhance the competitiveness of California specialty crops. Specialty crops include fruits and vegetables, tree nuts, dried fruits, horticulture, and nursery crops (including floriculture).
Phase I of the competitive process begins with the submission of concept proposals, which undergo both an administrative review and a technical review. Successful applicants will be invited to submit a detailed grant proposal in Phase II of the process. Grant awards will range from $50,000 to $450,000 per project and projects may last for up to two years and six months.
Please review the following 2020 Request for Concept Proposals for detailed application instructions: https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/Specialty_Crop_Competitiveness_Grants/docs/2020SCBGP_RequestForConceptProposals.pdf
Please also consider attending an upcoming workshop or webinar to learn more about the grant program.
- San Diego Workshop: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., San Diego County Farm Bureau, 420 S. Broadway, Suite 200, Escondido, CA 92025
- San Luis Obispo Workshop: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., San Luis Obispo County Farm Bureau, 4875 Morabito Place, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- Webinar 1: Thursday, September 26, 2019 from 1:30 – 3:30 pm. To participate, please use the following link to register with GoToWebinar: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4379918164698444044 After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. Presentation materials will be emailed to you the day before the webinar.
- Modesto Workshop: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., Stanislaus County Farm Bureau, 1201 L St., Modesto, CA 95354
- Webinar 2: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. To participate in webinar 2, please register at the following GoToWebinar link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1995788820443715075
- Sacramento Workshop: Thursday, October 3, 2019 from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., CDFA Gateway Oaks, 2800 Gateway Oaks Drive, Room 101, Sacramento, CA 95833.
Concept proposals are due by Friday, October 18, 2019, at 5 pm PST.
Kathleen Nolan, Director, ANR Office of Contracts & Grants (OCG)