- Author: Michelle Leinfelder-Miles
Happy New Year! We are entering "meeting season". The new year brings several opportunities for continuing education.
1. UC Cooperative Extension will host the SJC and Delta Field Crops Meeting on Friday, January 10, 2020 from 8:00am to 12:00pm. The meeting location is the Cabral Agricultural Center in Stockton (2101 E. Earhart Ave., Stockton, CA 95206). Please see this previous post for the agenda, or open the attachment below. We will offer continuing education credits for DPR licensing (2), CCA certification (3.5), and nitrogen management (1.5). Light refreshments will be provided.
2. UC Cooperative Extension will host five meetings for rice growers. The meeting details are as follows:
Richvale: Monday, Jan. 13, 8:30am, Evangelical Church, 5219 Church St., Richvale
Willows: Monday, Jan. 13, 1:30pm, Glenn Co. Office of Education, 311 South Villa Ave., Willows
Colusa: Tuesday, Jan. 14, 8:30am, Colusa Casino Resort, 3770 Hwy. 45, Colusa
Yuba City: Tuesday, Jan. 14, 1:30pm, Veterans Hall, 1425 Veterans Memorial Circle, Yuba City
Woodland: Wednesday, Jan. 15, 1:30pm, Norton Hall, 70 Cottonwood St., Woodland
Doors open at 8:00am, and meetings start at 8:30am at Richvale, Colusa, and Woodland. Doors open at 1:00pm, and meetings start at 1:30pm at Willows and Yuba City. DPR and CCA continuing education credits will be offered. For the program, please visit the UC Rice Blog.
3. San Joaquin County Farm Bureau and the Ag Commissioner's Office will host Spray Safe on January 27, 2020. The event takes place at the Cabral Agricultural Center in Stockton. Registration begins at 7:30am, with lunch concluding at 12:50pm. Please see the registration flyer and agenda here.
4. The California Chapter of the American Society of Agronomy will hold its annual Plant and Soil Conference on February 4-5 in Fresno, California. Program information and registration are available from the conference website. Session topics include nitrogen management, drip irrigation, and cover cropping, among others. DPR licensing, CCA certification, and nitrogen management continuing education credits will be offered.
UCCE farm advisors will be hosting local meetings for other crops, like tomatoes, almonds, and cherries. Please see our calendar for details.