- Author: Devii R. Rao
First, I want to say that I hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy during this challenging time. People in San Benito, Monterey, and Santa Cruz counties are now sheltering in place. Here are some good tips for protecting yourself and others when you go out to get groceries or when you are at home:
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others when possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds, or, as an alternative, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- As always, get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food!
The San Benito UC Cooperative Extension office will be closed at least through April 7, but we are all working remotely and can be reached via email and phone. During this time, all UCCE functions, events, activities, meetings, etc. will be postponed, canceled or moved to Zoom video conferencing through April 7, or until the guidance is modified. This directive also includes all volunteer-led youth or adult programming, meetings, or gatherings. We will work to find solutions to support our stakeholders throughout any possible scenario that the virus may bring.
If you have any questions or issues regarding potentially impacted meetings, events, research, programs, etc., please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-205-3125.