- Author: Karrie Reid
Fall 2020 Tree and Turf Continuing Education
I just want to share some great virtual learning opportunities this fall, some beginning next week. Most of these events will be less expensive than their pre-COVID counterparts, but most have DPR and/or ISA CEUs available. There is always something more to learn- or at least be reminded of, so take advantage of as many of these as you can.
TEACHER: UC Cooperative Extension Advisor Dr. Jim Downer
When: 5-Part series, every Friday in October starting October 2, 12:30-2:00 PM (PDT)
Where: Virtual Webinar via Zoom (links and instructions to will be emailed to registrants)
Intended Audience: Arborists (DPR & ISA Units applied for)
Registration fee: $15 per session OR a discounted $50 fee when registering for all 5 sessions.
2. ISA Z133 COURSE ON TREE SAFETY
- Introductory course on the ANSI Z133 Safety Requirements for Arboriculture Operations.
- Gives key information about the most common incidents in arboriculture operations which cause worker injuries and fatalities.
Other ISA sponsored events:
- October 7-14: Participants will have access to watch seven 15-minute, professional quality videos of research on the UCR turfgrass plots. Must be registered to gain access.
- October 15, 8:30 AM PT: Virtual webinar with presentations and Q&A; participants will receive access to the online field day booklet.