Do you have a creative idea that reflects UC ANR's mission and public values and will generate sustainable revenue to support your program delivery and reach? Does that idea just need a little help to get it off the ground? If an investment into the idea will help its launch and ensure its success, UC ANR leadership wants to hear about it!
The intent is to use a small portion of reserve funding to secure UC ANR's ability to meet the needs of all Californians. These investments are for the implementation of new ideas and approaches to funding our programs, and not intended to provide bridge funding or grant support. This “venture capital” will be used to launch novel approaches to cost-recovery or income-generation related to program delivery.
Here are a few examples:
- Establish a new partnership model
- Build a fee-based online curriculum or micro-accreditation offering
- Invest in a platform that has novel delivery or subscription use
- Establish a fee-for-service lab or services
- Develop a fee-based speaker series
All UC ANR personnel located throughout the state – academics and staff, field-based and campus-based – are eligible.
- A new revenue stream that contributes to financial security of the program, while increasing or maintaining program reach that is consistent with the UC ANR mission
- Capital repayment – payments must begin within 12 months of award with complete repayment targeted within a 24-month period
Submissions will be received and reviewed on an ongoing basis until the allocated reserve funds ($300,000) are depleted. Any funds not used will remain in the reserve pool.
Read more about the submission and selection process at https://ucanr.edu/sites/Professional_Development/files/335333.pdf.