- Author: Michelle Leinfelder-Miles
Happy New Year! Here are two opportunities for virtual continuing education.
1. The California Plant and Soil Conference will be held virtually February 1-3, 2021, and registration is now open. Please see the website for more information and to register. The conference includes sessions on:
- Covid-19 Impacts on Agriculture
- Automation in Agriculture
- Remote Sensing
- Irrigation Optimization
- Nutrient Management
- Cover Cropping
- Evaluation of Biological Inputs
- Practical Indicators of Soil Health
- Pest Management
We have applied for DPR pesticide licensing credits (Other: 2.75), CCA credits (Total 12.75; Categories: Nutrient Management: 3.5, Soil & Water Management: 3.0, Integrated Pest Management: 2.0, Crop Management: 3.5, Professional Development: 0.75), and Nitrogen Management credits (5) to help growers fulfill their Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program requirement. These credits have not yet been approved and are subject to change.
2. The UCCE Rice Grower Meeting will also be held virtually on February 11, 2021 from 9am to noon. Registration is now open, and a full agenda is available from the registration page. There will be presentations on the following topics:
- Ag Commissioner Update
- Weed Management
- Disease Management
- Arthropod Management
- Bird and Salmon Projects Update
- Emerging Weed Issues
- Fertility Update
- Roxy Rice and Variety Update
We have applied for DPR pesticide licensing credits (Other: 1.25, L&R: 0.5) and CCA credits (Total: 2.5; Categories: Pest Management: 1.5, Crop Management: 1.0). These credits have not yet been approved and are subject to change.
Please don't hesitate to reach out with questions on either of these events, and we hope to see you there!