- Author: Michelle Leinfelder-Miles
(Post has been updated to add the Delta Pear Research Meeting, #4.)
I wish everyone a happy, healthy, and safe new year. Here are a few upcoming meetings to bring to your attention.
1. UC Cooperative Extension will host the SJC and Delta Field Crops Meeting this Thursday, January 12, 2023 from 8:00am to 11:30am. The meeting location is the Cabral Agricultural Center in Stockton (2101 E. Earhart Ave., Stockton, CA 95206). Please see this previous post for the agenda. We will offer continuing education credits for DPR licensing (2) and CCA certification (3). Light refreshments will be provided.
2. UC Cooperative Extension will host five meetings for rice growers. The meeting details are as follows:
Woodland: Monday, Jan. 23, 9:00am, Norton Hall, 70 Cottonwood St., Woodland
Richvale: Tuesday, Jan. 24, 9:00am, Evangelical Church, 5219 Church St., Richvale
Willows: Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2:00pm, Glenn Co. Office of Education, 311 South Villa Ave., Willows
Colusa: Wednesday, Jan. 25, 9:00am, CIP Conference Room, 100 Sunrise Blvd., Colusa
Yuba City: Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2:00pm, UCCE Office, 142 Garden Highway, Yuba City
Doors open at 8:30am, and meetings start at 9:00am at Woodland, Richvale, and Colusa. Doors open at 1:30pm, and meetings start at 2:00pm at Willows and Yuba City. DPR and CCA continuing education credits will be offered. The detailed agenda is available here.
3. The California Chapter of the American Society of Agronomy will hold its annual Plant and Soil Conference on February 7-8 in Fresno, California. Program information and registration are available from the conference website. The early-bird registration deadline is this Friday, January 13th. Session topics include crop and water management, cover cropping and soil management for climate-smart agriculture, and integrated pest management, among others. DPR licensing, CCA certification, and nitrogen management continuing education credits will be offered.
4. Sacramento River District Pear Research Meeting, conducted by UCCE Farm Advisor, Rachel Elkins. The agenda is attached below. The meeting will take place on Tuesday, February 7th from 10:00am to 12:30pm at the Walnut Grove Library Meeting Room (14177 N. Market Street, Walnut Grove, 95690). Please contact Rachel Elkins regarding questions on the program (707-263-6838, email@example.com), or Nancy Greilich, UCCE MCP Sacramento office (916-875-6913, firstname.lastname@example.org) for directions to the Walnut Grove meeting.
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions about these meetings.
2023 Sacramento Delta Pear Research Meeting Agenda