Skip to Content
The LA County Master Food Preservers share tips for home food preservation enthusiasts
Farmers Market
by Rachel Surls
on February 19, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Great article! Thanks for sharing this info, Sarah. For those in California, it's helpful to know that our extension agents here are known as "Advisors". Not sure why that's the case, but it's been the title used in CA since the earliest days of Cooperative Extension beginning after 1914. So in LA, Brenda Roche, who is our expert on nutrition and consumer science topics, is our Nutrition, Family and Consumer Sciences Advisor, Andre Biscaro, who is our agriculture expert, is our Farm Advisor, and so forth. Cooperative Extension advisors have academic appointments with the University of California and are expected to conduct applied research and publish the results, in addition to carrying out community education programs that meet local needs.
Leave a Reply:

You are currently not signed in. If you have an account, then sign in now!
Anonymous users messages may be delayed.

Security Code: