- Author: Karen Giovannini
County Lands for Food Production: submit a proposal to for a community garden on County Land.
At the request of County of Sonoma (County) Board of Supervisors the University of California Cooperative Extension, Department of Health Services, Sonoma County Agricultural Preservation and Open Space District, Regional Parks Department, Sonoma County Water Agency, Agricultural Commissioner, and General Services Department collaborated to assess the feasibility of making land owned by organizations governed by the County Board of Supervisors available for food production.
There are three (3) phases associated with this project:
- Phase 1, Community Gardening
- Phase 2, Small-scale farming operations
- Phase 3, Grazing
This Request for Proposal (“RFP”) is issued by the Sonoma County Regional Parks for Phase 1 of the project. We invite proposals from qualified organizations for the licensing of publicly owned lands for the development and management of community gardens.
See the Request for Proposal for complete information.
- April 10 - Interested parties must return the completed Acknowledgement of Receipt of the RFP to the Sonoma County Regional Parks.
- May 31 - Proposals must be received no later than 3pm by the Sonoma County Regional Parks.
- NOTE: Any changes to dates will be posted on Sonoma County Regional Parks as an addendum.