Energy Efficiency and Renewables
On farm energy use can be a major portion of the farm costs with significant impacts to the bottom line. In addition, there are increasing opportunities to develop renewable energy sources for farm power needs. Technical and financial support is in place to assist Marin’s farmers and ranchers in researching opportunities for increased energy efficiency and cost-share on replace equipment with more energy efficient models. Additionally, there are increased opportunities and potential partnerships to advance renewable energy production.
- Air Quality Initiative describes a cost-share program through USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Carl Moyer Memorial Air Quality Standards Attainment Program administered by the California Air Resources Board provides incentive grants for cleaner-than-required engines
- California Renewable Energy for Agriculture Program (REAP)
- California’s renewable energy programs
- Dairy digesters around California
- Dairy digesters explained