Hero Image

Public Pest Reporting

California Department of Food and Agriculture Report a Pest Hotline


Have you seen a new or unusual plant or pest in your area?

If so, you can play an important role in protecting California agriculture and your environment by reporting the sighting of a plant or pest that you suspect may be a new invasive species in your area. 

Visit the Report a Pest website for reporting and collection instructions. 

Ways to report sighting to CDFA:


Reporting Tip: 

The Report a Pest Sighting Form can be downloaded and completed for use as a prep tool when calling the CDFA Pest Hotline. The form provides you with the type of questions you may be asked the CDFA Hotline operator.

California Department of Food and Agriculture Logo