Basic Safety Standards for Meeting In-person
Leaders must contact email@example.com two weeks prior to meeting with meeting date, time, and purpose.
These safety standards must be followed for all in-person 4-H activities.
Do not participate in any in-person 4-H activities if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms or if you or someone you have been in contact with has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Face Mask Use
Outdoor activities with youth and adults: No face masks required.
Indoor activities with youth and adults: Face masks required for everyone due to children under the age of 12 not being eligible for the vaccine.
Indoor activities with adults only: Face masks required for unvaccinated adults. Post the signs about facemask requirements (PDF- 3 pages)
Indoor Physical Distancing
Wearing a mask and maintaining a minimum of 3 feet between participants is required for indoor activities.
Maintain 6 feet of distancing during times when members and volunteers are not masked due to eating or drinking.
Maintain hygiene practices
After each use, clean and disinfect workspaces and equipment, wash hands often, and/or use hand sanitizer.
The UC ANR safety standards relating to reopening and engaging in-person are aligned with the State of California.
The Basic Safety Standards guidelines apply to all in-person 4-H meetings and events. It is the expectation that 4-H professionals be familiar with these guidelines and provide these resources to volunteers planning approved in-person 4-H meetings.
All of the following must be read/filled out to host meetings. YOU MUST still
- Basic Safety Standards - UC ANR Basic Safety Standards that must be followed for all in-person activities. These standards are minimum requirements for conducting in-person 4-H activities.
- The 4-H Safety Protocol Checklist should be completed by 4-H Adult Volunteers two weeks prior to hosting in-person meetings. This checklist helps to prepare and meet requirements for in-person 4-H programming and activities.
- Planning Strategies for In-person Meetings - this document gives meeting planners tips and ideas when planning in-person meetings.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Frequently asked questions regarding in-person guidelines
- Strategies to reduce in-person meeting size
The meeting leader should download and print the following meeting resource items:
- Symptom Survey
- Attendance Log
- Procedures for 4-H Meetings during COVID-19 - Display this poster in the meeting.
For meetings with adults only, please print and post the signs about mask wearing. NOTE: you may have to adjust your print settings to "Adjust to Fit" to print on letter sized paper