Master Gardeners volunteer about 20,000 hours each year to gardening programs around Ventura County. These programs include everything from hosting garden-based field trips for school children and building community gardens, to assisting with agricultural research. Here are a few examples:
- Staffing Master Gardener Helpline. Master Gardeners provide callers with free gardening advice,
... and troubleshoot common gardening problems on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
- Giving gardening talks and presentations
- Supporting applied research projects for UCCE advisors
- Hosting gardening workshops for home gardeners
- Participating in the Ventura Home and Garden Show
- Supporting the Ventura County Fair
- Answering gardener questions at community events and workshops
- Maintaining Master Gardener approved garden sites
We don’t make home visits, design or install your home garden, or make on-site diagnoses. However, when it involves gardening, contact us. Maybe we can suggest other organizations that may be helpful.