Objectives of the Ventura County Master Gardener Program
- Educate the community in various aspects of gardening utilizing University of California science-based gardening information.
- Answer garden related questions at the helpline and in the community.
- Provide home gardeners living in Ventura County with science-based gardening information through workshops, community events, and speaking engagements.
- Support gardening efforts at approved sites in Ventura County.
- Train volunteers to accomplish the mission of the Master Gardener Program.
- Provide Master Gardeners with hands-on training and experiences to reinforce and extend information learned in the classroom.
- Seek out and encourage volunteers for the Master Gardener Program.
- Identify, support and develop sites for gardening training, demonstrations, and community outreach and involvement.
- Support University of California Cooperative Extension Farm Advisors in conducting agricultural research projects.