Wednesday, December 10, 2014
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Join the UC Biomass Utilization Group for an informational webinar on the 2015 Wood Innovations Program. This program seeks proposals to expand and accelerate wood energy and wood products markets throughout the United States to support forest management needs in National Forest System and other forest lands.
- Julie Tucker is the National Lead for Renewable Wood Energy and is based at the US Forest Service's Washington D.C. office.
- Larry Swan is the Woody Biomass and Utilization Specialist for USFS State and Private Forestry at the Region 5 office in Vallejo.
Larry and Julie will be giving short presentations followed by a Q & A session for applicants.
Wood Innovations Grant Program
The Wood Innovations Grant Program has been previously known as the Woody Biomass Utilization Grant Program and the Wood-to-Energy Grant Program. The scope of the program has expanded this year to include wood products as well as energy along with the range of projects in last years Wood-to-Energy Grant Program.
The Forest Service plans to award approximately $5 million under this announcement. The maximum for each award is generally $250,000; however, the Forest Service may consider awarding more than $250,000 to a proposal that shows far reaching or significant impact. Additional information on application requirements, eligibility, and prerequisites for consideration are available at www.na.fs.fed.us/werc/ and www.grants.gov.
Proposal submission deadline is: Friday, January 23, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
To join the meeting from the web:
1) Go to: https://bluejeans.com/346088704?ll=en&g=ojuwg23tmf2g63ljibrgk4tlmvwgk6jomvshk===
To connect by phone:
1) Direct-dial with my iPhone or
+1 408 740 7256 +1 408 740 7256
+1 888 240 2560 +1 888 240 2560 (US Toll Free)
+1 408 317 9253 +1 408 317 9253 (Alternate Number)
2) Enter Meeting ID: 346088704
To connect directly from a room system:
1) Dial: 126.96.36.199 or bjn.vc
2) Enter Meeting ID: 346088704 -or- use the pairing code