Evaluation Technical Assistance
Consult with experts in evaluation methodology to identify learning/development outcomes, appropriate instruments (quantitative and qualitative), and analysis techniques to successfully evaluate your youth development programming.
We can help with:
- Formative (program improvement) evaluations: help learn how the program, event, etc., can be improved for future participants. A few examples are included below.
- Summative (outcomes) evaluations: assess program impacts-what did youth get out of the program; what did they learn? Below is a list of outcome measures we have used to assess outcomes.
- Healthy Living Grades 4-12
- Science Grades 4-7
- Science Grades 8-12
- Views about Science Grades 4-12
- Civic Engagement Grades 4-12
- Youth Development (Universal) Grades 4-12
- Teamwork Grades 4-12
- College & Career Readiness Grades 8-12
- Positive Youth Development-Short Grades 4-12
- Academics Grades 4-12
- Mindset Grades 4-12
- Sparks Grades 4-12
- Wellbeing Grades 4-12
- Goal Setting and Management Grades 4-12
- Supporting Staff with Data Collection: Having staff investment and buy-in with evaluation will help strengthen the quality of data collected. We can provide training to staff on administering surveys and collecting other data to improve the rigor of the evaluation process.
- Reporting: Sharing results is important, whether in a more traditional report format or by infographics. We can advise on the best way to share results for your audience. Examples of reports include:
- 2020 Virtual State 4-H Field Day Evaluation Report
- Kids Code Summer 2019 Report
- BACR LEAP Summer 2019 Survey Report V2
- LEAP 2018 Evaluation Report
- Marin County 4-H - Equity in Youth Development
- Sonoma County 4-H Day Camp Report 2016
- Cumulative 5-Year Final Report for the 2009-2014 CYFAR Project
- Evaluation Report for the CA 4-H Online Record Book User Satisfaction Survey
Evaluation Report for the 2013 and 2014 State 4-H Field Days
- Using the Results: Involve your staff and stakeholders in reviewing, discussing, and making sense of your data to help improve your programs and services. We can advice on productive methods, from more traditional presentations to interactive "data parties."
Costs: None; technical assistance currently subsidized by UCCE. (Note that this may change based on financial status and/or on the amount of work involved. Please contact us for more information.)
To Request our Services, Please Complete the Interest Survey