Please refer to the following deadlines and items for this event:
Friday, October 4
By Friday, October 4th:
Provide ANR Program Support with your:
- PowerPoint presentation. PowerPoint files will be printed (three slides per page) and complied in binders for participants.
- A short paragraph-style biography. This will be included with your printed presentation in the binders for participants. (Example)
- A high-resolution digital color photo of yourself. This will be included with your printed presentation in the binders for participants.
- Additional files for participants. Provide any electronic files (papers, articles, websites, etc.) you would like to include on the flash drives that will be distributed to participants.
Friday, October 11
By Friday, October 11:
- Register online. Registration will be available at the end of August.
- Review the agenda and confirm the accuracy of your presentation title(s) as well as the day(s) and time(s) of your presentation(s). Please notify ANR Program Support ASAP of any changes, or submit your revised title in your online registration.
Videotaping: The presentations at the course will be videotaped and posted on the course website, with the consent of the presenters. We hope you will agree to have your presentation videoptaped and posted on the website.
If you are NOT a UC employee, please complete the Release Agreement and return to ANR Program Support by this date. If you do not agree to have your presentation videotaped, please notify ANR Program Support.
Tuesday, October 29
By Tuesday, October 29:
If you require lodging, a block of rooms has been reserved at the Comfort Suites Visalia. Please call the hotel directly at (559) 738-1700 to make your reservation.
- In order to get the best rates, ask for the Almond Short Course block
- Make your reservation before noon on Tuesday, October 29 to guarantee the rate
- If you need assistance making a reservation, please reach out to ANR Program Support.
Other expenses: Transportation and any meals not provided during the course or incurred while traveling (overnight stay only) are reimbursable expenses. Please be sure to follow travel policy:
- receipts are required for lodging, car rental and any expense over $75
- meal reimbursement is only allowed if there is an overnight stay
- daily maximum is $62 for meals and incidentals
- alcohol cannot be reimbursed
If you have access to the Aggie Travel System, please charge your expenses to L-CONFANR-BLPS1 after the event. If you do not have access to the Aggie Travel System, please complete and sign the Travel Expense Form and send to ANR Program Support with your receipts.