California Natural Resources Agency- Coastal Conservancy Grant Program (SNE)
Date: December 31, 2019
Time: All Day
Contact: Vanity Campbell
Sponsor: Contracts and Grants
Funding Opportunity Number: Not applicable
Funding Organization's Deadline: Proposals are accepted on a continuous basis.
Discipline/Subject Area: Coastal conservation
ANR Priority Area(s): SNE
Funding Available($): Not specified
Description: The Coastal Conservancy’s mission is to work with others to preserve, protect, and restore the resources of the California coast, ocean, and the San Francisco Bay Area. The Conservancy was created out of recognition that some of California’s goals for coastal management require implementation of important projects to conserve land, restore habitat, or build trails. The Conservancy works along the entire length of California’s coast and within the watersheds of rivers and streams that extend inland from the coast. The Coastal Conservancy also works throughout the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area and the entire Santa Ana River watershed.
The Conservancy provides technical assistance and grant funding to local communities, nonprofit organizations, other government agencies, businesses, and private landowners to implement multi-benefit projects that:
- protect the natural and scenic beauty of the coast
- enhance wildlife habitat
- help the public to get to and enjoy beaches and parklands
- keep farmland and timberlands in production
- improve water quality
- revitalize working waterfronts
- prepare communities for the impacts of climate change
- sequester carbon or reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Prospective applicants must discuss their projects with Conservancy staff prior to completing or submitting this application. Please contact the appropriate Program Manager from the list below, listed from North to South:
- North Coast: Del Norte County to coastside Sonoma and Marin Counties: Karyn Gear: Karyn.Gear@scc.ca.gov or 510-286-4171.
- San Francisco Bay Area: Nine Bay Area Counties, excluding the coastside of Sonoma, Marin, and San Mateo Counties: Matt Gerhart: Matt.Gerhart@scc.ca.gov or 510-286-0317.
- Central Coast: coastside San Mateo County to Santa Barbara County: Trish Chapman: Trish.Chapman@scc.ca.gov or 510-286-0749.
- South Coast: Ventura County to San Diego County: Joan Cardellino: Joan.Cardellino@scc.ca.gov or 510-286-4093.
There are no established minimum or maximum grant amounts. The Coastal Conservancy will base the size of awards on project needs, benefits and competing demands for existing funding.
OCG Note: Please note any changes to the funding opportunity including deadline dates may not be updated to this calendar. Please visit the Sponsor's website below for additional information.