An academic who is planning to resign should give written notice to the County Director or immediate supervisor. This letter should include reasons for the resignation and an effective resignation/separation date. This should be done, preferably, sixty or more days before the effective date of separation.
Helpful resignation information:
- Resignation memo template
- Termination of Employment Benefit Checklist
- ANR Academic Separation Check List 2016
- Please submit your projected timesheet at least 2 weeks prior to your resignation date to the Time & Reprting System
- If you are anticipating a change in your permanent residence address, please complete the Personal_Data_Form
- Eligibility information to continue benefits under COBRA is available at http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/cobra.html
If you have further benefits questions, please contact the UC Davis Employee Benefits Office at 530-752-1774, M-F 8:30am to 12:30pm.
Any resigning academic with a UCD Corporate card and/or Purchasing Visa card, should destroy them prior to the last day of work.