Training & Workshops
We are fortunate to have a team of experienced producers who collaborate in the development and delivery of our training programs. Workshops, field days, and short courses are developed to meet the needs of both beginning and established producers.
Workshops Regularly Offered by UC Extension
- Farm Business Planning: an intensive 6-week course for experienced producers, is offered in February/March of each year.
- Beginning Farming Academy: an intensive, two-day class for those considering or just starting a farming or ranching operation.
- California Grazing Academy: a two-day intensive hands-on field course in controlled grazing techniques. Offered annually in April.
- Marketing Academy: an intensive, two-day class that focuses on market-driven farming and helps growers hone their marketing strategies. Offered once a year in different formats.
- Multi-species Academy: a two day intensive field course in managing sheep and goats. Offered annually in September.
- Integrated Pest Management: a series of five workshops offered in February and March in odd numbered years.
- Soil & Water Management in Vegetable Crops
- Soil & Water management in Orchard Crops
- Vineyard, Orchard, and Vegetable Field Days
- Lambing School
- Pasture Irrigation
- Mandarin and grape field meetings
Individual: Individual workshops are offered throughout the year on various topics, including:
- Regulations that affect Farms and Ranches
- Agricultural Resources Fair
Internships on Local Farms & Ranches:
We have compiled a list of all the farms and ranches in the area that offer internship or apprentice training programs. Please contact the farmers and ranchers directly to discuss any details.