COVID-19: Food Safety
How Does COVID-19 Affect Food Safety?
Below are some resources that help provide more information on COVID-19 and its effect on Food Safety.
- This article helps answer common questions people may have on Coronavirus and food safety. Such as the safety of allowing restaurants to continue serving food, whether food is a vector of this viral transmission and other questions.
- UC Food Safety provides multiple resources for a variety of groups on their website linked above. There are a multitude of resources for consumers, growers, workers, grocery stores, and other groups.
- North Carolina State provides additional general food safety resources for consumers. They also have resources in Spanish.
- The UC Urban Agriculture page gives information for urban farms and community gardens regarding COVID-19 and food safety.
- Cornell University has provided tips for employers regarding coronavirus prevention and control on farms.
- UC Davis Western Center for Agricultural Health and Safety has resources and videos for the general public, agricultural employers, Growers, and Farmworkers on CoVID-19. There are also resources and videos available in Spanish.
- UC Cooperative Extension provides industry, veterinary, and public health resources, including resources for sheep & goats.
- The FDA answers industry questions related to food supply, social distancing, disinfecting, and worker safety.
- UC Cooperative Extension provides information on topics including food safety and California workers. There are also resources available in Spanish.
- The Food Industry Association has developed a guide for COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfection for Human-Touch Surfaces.
- Guidance from the CDC and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for processing facilities developing plans for continuing operations in the setting of COVID-19.