There are many scholarships for 4-H members. Check out the following link for 4-H scholarships on the state level: State 4-H Scholarships
Fresno County 4-H Scholarships
Formed in 1979 to provide recognition and encouragement to outstanding 4-H members.
Deadline for applications (NO EXCEPTIONS): Friday , April 10th, 2015, 5:00 p.m.
Interviews will be on Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 LOCATION TO BE DETERMINED.
Scheduled interviews will follow a meal starting at approximately 5:30 p.m. (Applicants will receive a letter prior to the interviews with a detailed schedule).
2. Essay - What 4-H Means to Me. (Include 4-H project experiences, leadership experiences, citizenship/community service experiences and how 4-H affected your career goals.) 3 to 4 pages typewritten, double spaced using a regular 12 point font.
3. Letter of recommendation from a 4-H Leader. (Parents, guardians, close relatives or participants in the selection process may not write letters of recommendation.) All letters of recommendation must be sealed in an envelope, signed across the flap by the writer, and included with the completed application.
4. Last year's 4-H Record Book including: PDR, current Project Reports, and 4-H Story OR a Sectional/State application format. Add an extra page of noteworthy 4-H experiences from the current year.
5. Place items 1 through 3 in a folder.
Criteria for All Scholarships:
1. Minimum of 2 years in the Fresno County 4-H Program.
2. Senior in high school or equivalent examination.
3. Applicant planning to enroll in Jr. College, College, University, or Trade/Technical School.
4. Scholarship funds will be awarded upon written request, submitted with proof of enrollment, in the SECOND semester/quarter. The Joe Souza Memorial Scholarship, Rotary Scholarship and Ermoian Scholarship will also require proof of major.
Selection will be based on the efforts of the applicant to help others through 4-H Leadership and Community Service. Items which may be considered include, but are not limited to: serving as a Jr./Teen Leader, Jr. 4-H Camp Counselor, or All Star; committee leadership (club, county or sectional activities) and participation in club or county community service activities.
For a full list of scholarships and an application, click here: