New Green Gardener Qualification Training
See this link for more information. GREEN GARDENER TRAINING
DOING MORE WITH LESS- A water-efficiency workshop
Hear about recent successful field studies in irrigation reductions from around the state, including San Joaquin County.
Learn how to make the most of your landscapes with less water.
Topics -Field study results and lessons learned
-Strategies for lowering your water need
-Use the Water Use Classification of Landscape
Species (WUCOLS) database for hydrozoning
-Evaluate irrigation systems for application rate & distribution
uniformity, and set effective run times for drip & sprays
When Friday, Dec. 2, 2016 - 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Where Robert J. Cabral Agricultural Center
2101 E. Earhart Ave., Stockton
November 2, 9, and 16, 2012 7:45 am - 11:45 pm
Sustainable by Design: A Landscape Seminar Series
Covered principles of sustainability through the continuum from Design, through Construction and Maintenance.
JUNE 9, 2011 7:00 am - 11:45 pm
Tree Pruning for Landscape Professionals
This workshop in cooperation with San Joaquin Delta College's Horticulture Department included instruction and hands-on training:
- Understanding tree growth and structure
- Planting the right tree in the right place
- Pruning for structural strength and health
- Proper cuts: when and how
APRIL 12, 2011 8:00 am-1:30 pm
Water Management for Landscape Professionals
- San Joaquin County Water Regulations, Current and Future
- Water-Conserving Turf Management for the Central Valley
- Using Smart Irrigation Technology
- Reducing the Impacts of Urban Runoff Water
GREEN GARDENER QUALIFICATION TRAINING
An 8-Week Course for landscape maintenance professionals:
Professional instruction that will help you improve the health and beauty of landscapes, conserve water, reduce pesticide use and green waste, be more efficient with your time and your clients' money, and provide a tool to market yourself as a
San Joaquin County Green Gardener!
Attend all 8 evening sessions, 2 half-day Saturdays and pass a final take-home exam to receive a certificate and be listed on the County's website list of qualified Green Gardeners!
- Week 1: Introduction to Sustainable Landscape Principles and Soils
- Week 2: Building Healthy Soil, Mulch & Compost
- Week 3: Irrigation efficiency and scheduling
- Week 4: Irrigation design and troubleshooting
- Saturday: irrigation workshop
- Week 5: Turf management & Fertilizing properly
- Week 6: Pruning for Structure & Health
- Saturday: tree planting and pruning workshop
- Week 7: Integrated Pest Management
- Week 8: Smart plant selection-Right Plant/Right Place, Selling Green Gardener, & Final exam handout
In depth courses from UC Davis Extension :CLICK HERE.