- Author: Ben Faber
Laurel Wilt-Ambrosia Beetle Grower's and Advisory Panel meeting to update and discuss research and extension programs supported by the USDA research grant.
Purpose: The Univ. of Florida/IFAS created a panel consisting of local commercial avocado growers and handlers and scientists for the USDA grant on laurel wilt and ambrosia beetles. The purpose of the meeting is for researchers to update avocado growers and the advisory panel on the progress of research on this grant and to discuss future research and extension plans. This meeting is open to anyone to attend.
Date: July 23, 2020
Location: ZOOM, recording available HERE
Dr. Crane, welcome and introduction
Brief updates, plans and discussion:
1. Dr. Schaffer, Environmental Plant Physiology – Laurel wilt susceptibility of avocado scions and rootstocks in relation to physiology and stem anatomy
2. Dr. Gazis, Plant Pathology – Laurel Wilt - Plant Pathology: Research Accomplishments, Current Work, and Future Direction
3. Dr. Carrillo, Entomology – Update laurel wilt ambrosia beetle research
4. Dr. Evans and Mr. Ballen, Ag Economics - current work and work in progress and plans
5. Dr. Crane and Mr. Wasielewski – Current extension program and plans