- Posted by: Gale Perez
ANNOUNCEMENT for four GS-0401-11/12 Integrated Pest Management and Invasive Species Coordinator positions with the National Wildlife Refuge System in the Western United States. Two of the four positions are here in Region 8 (CA and NV):
- IPM Coordinator - duty station: Klamath Basin NWRC
- Invasive Species Coordinator - potential duty stations: Pacific Southwest Regional Office – Sacramento, CA; San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge Complex Headquarters – Newark, CA; San Diego National Wildlife Refuge Complex Headquarters, Chula Vista CA; Desert National Wildlife Refuge Complex Headquarters, Las Vegas...
- Posted by: Gale Perez
Vegetation Ecologist II
Salary: $6,878.62 - $7,668.37 Monthly
Location: Oakland, CA
Job Type: Full-time (37.5 hrs)
Division: Acquisition, Stewardship, & Development
Job Number: 20-LC-01
Closing: 1/24/2020 5:00 PM Pacific
A quick post to share a link to the most recent version of the CWSS Research Update and News from the California Weed Science Society.
Lots of good information about the upcoming conference, weed science student scholarships, and weed management reports compiled by CWSS Board Member and Editor, Whitney Brim-DeForest. Including:
- Student Scholarships
- Alex Ceseski (UC Davis)
- Patrick Dotsy (Cal Poly San Luis Obispo)
- Liberty Galvin (UC Davis)
- Steven Haring (UC Davis)
- Mikayla Harmer (CSU Chico)
- Haejun Kim (Mt. San Antonio...
Links below about the 2018 UC Weed Day event:
First the video: https://youtu.be/XkUT_uSbxak Produced by the University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (UCANR) Communications group posted a great video that captured a lot of highlights of the field portion of Weed Day as well as the interactions among the participants.
Next, the Weed Day writeup posted on the Plant Science Department's news feed (written.../span>
Last Thursday (March 15, 2018), the Western Governors' Association released its first ever list of the top 50 invasive species (25 terrestrial, 25 aquatic) important in the western US. This list includes a number of plant, animal, insects, and pathogens.
Weeds were 18 of 25 in the terrestrial list and 10 of 25 and in the aquatic list. Both lists had weeds in the #1 slot (tamarisk and Eurasian watermilfoil, respectively.
Here's a link the the press release: http://westgov.org/news/wgas-top-50-invasive-species-in-the-west-offers-first-regional-report
Here's a link to...