- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
I am pleased to inform you that the University will be implementing systemwide salary increases for the 2013-14 fiscal year for all non-represented career staff employees.
The increases, which were authorized by President Yudof, are intended to acknowledge the fact that non-represented staff employees have received only one general salary increase in the past five years. The increases also are intended to partially offset increased retirement and health benefit costs that faculty and staff have absorbed over the past few years.
Non-Represented Staff Employees
Effective July 2013 non-represented career staff employees will receive a three (3) percent across the board salary increase, subject to the exclusions noted in the Administrative Guidelines shown below this announcement. Please review the Guidelines for further information.
The effective date of the increase for academic and exempt staff employees will be July 1, 2013; and for staff employees on a biweekly pay cycle, the effective date of the increase will be July 7, 2013.
If you have questions about the salary plan for non-represented staff, please contact Linda Marie Manton, executive director, ANR Staff Personnel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The president has also authorized an across-the-board salary increase of two (2) percent for academics, effective July 1, 2013. The increase will apply to on-, off- and above-scale salaries for all UC ANR academics, including the following titles:
- Cooperative Extension Advisor Series
- Specialist in Cooperative Extension Series
- Academic Administrator Series
- Academic Coordinator Series
If you have any questions about the 2013-14 salary plan for academics, please contact Kim Rodrigues, executive director, ANR Academic Personnel, at email@example.com.
The budget cuts of the last several years have created many challenges – and sacrifices – for all of us, and I want to thank you for your continued dedication and service to the University of California and to ANR.
Agriculture and Natural Resources
ANR ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDELINES
2013-14 SALARY PROGRAM FOR ACADEMIC AND NON-REPRESENTED STAFF
Salary Program Overview
- The 2013-14 systemwide salary increase for 2013-14 fiscal year is for academics and non-represented career staff employees
- Effective July 2013 academics will receive a two (2) percent across the board salary increase
- Non-represented career staff employees will receive a three (3) percent across the board salary increase, subject to the exclusions noted below.
- Contract appointees are eligible unless excluded in the terms of their contract
- For academics and monthly paid staff employees the effective date of the increase is July 1, 2013.
- For bi-weekly paid employees the effective date of the increase is July 7, 2013.
The following staff employee groups are excluded from the 2013-14 salary program:
- Level One Senior Management Group (SMG) members (including the President, and the direct reports to the President and to The Regents)
- Level Two SMG members whose salary is at or above the 75th percentile of their market reference zone (MRZ)
- Limited, per diem, casual/restricted staff employees, retirees who have been called back, and student employees
- Individuals with documented unsatisfactory performance being considered for suspension or termination
- Union-represented employees
- Career employees hired January 1, 2013 or later*
- Career employees who received a salary increase greater than 15 percent effective July 1, 2012 or later*
- Increases will be reflected in the August 1, 2013, checks for academics and monthly paid employees
- Increases will be reflected in the July 31, 2013, checks for bi-weekly paid employees
- The salary increases will be processed in mass by Payroll in coordination with Human Resources
*Exceptions to Specific Exclusions
Managers may request exceptions to two exclusions on a case-by-case basis: Career employees hired January 1, 2013, or later, and Career employees who received a salary increase greater than 15 percent effective July 1, 2012, or later. Requests must be supported by the Unit Head. Vice President Allen-Diaz is the final authority to review exception requests. Requests for exceptions to these two exclusions should be sent electronically to Linda Marie Manton at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, July 19, 2013. Please state employee’s name, unit, and justification for the exception.