- Author: Jeannette E. Warnert
He also spent several hours discussing current challenges and changes facing California agriculture. The article detailed the comments shared by the UCCE staff.
- County director Richard Buchner shared the history of UCCE and talked about orchard production in Tehama and nearby counties
- Farm advisor Allan Fulton discussed the local ground and surface water situation
- Farm advisor Josh Davy talked about work to improve livestock grazing land and other research priorities
- 4-H coordinator Lyn Strom shared her passion for the UCCE 4-H program
- CalFresh nutrition educator Darla Bandsma described how the nutrition program helps youth make healthy food choices
Other staff and interns at the office also had the opportunity to speak to the senator. Tehama County supervisor Burt Bundy spoke about his experiences in the California Agricultural Leadership Program and encouraged others to take part.