- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
Changes to several UC Presidential Policies regarding relocation, travel, financial deficit management, probationary periods and payroll pertain to ANR members. The new, revised and rescinded UC Presidential Policies can be viewed at http://policy.ucop.edu. Below is an outline of the changes.
BFB-G-13 Policy and Regulations Governing Moving and Relocation
The core changes that went into effect on Oct. 15, 2017, include the following:
- removed policy on relocation allowance;
- added provision allowing the reimbursement of reasonable expenses associated with the sale of former primary residence or unexpired lease expenses associated with new appointment;
- added repayment provisions requiring new appointees to reimburse moving and relocation expenses if the appointees voluntarily separate from the position prior to completing one year of service;
- clarified the reimbursement of meals while in temporary living quarters; and
- revised to require submission of nontaxable expenses reimbursement requests within a reasonable amount of time not to exceed 60 days.
BFB-G-28 Travel Regulation Policy
The core changes that are effective immediately, relate to travel within the continental U.S. under 30 days and include the following:
- reduction in the lower maximum daily meals and incidentals reimbursement from $7 4 to $62; and
- establishment of a maximum lodging reimbursement rate of $275 per night, before taxes and mandatory hotel fees.
Exceptions are allowed if a hotel rate at $275 is not available. Traveler must submit additional documentation, such as price comparisons within the proximity of the meeting location, that supports the higher lodging rate incurred. Price comparisons should be performed at the time of booking. Pre-arranged conference lodging rates in excess of $275 per night do not require an exceptional approval.
NEW ANR Deficit Management Policy Section 293 (http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/271966.pdf )
Revised PPSM-22: Probationary Period has undergone a technical review
To comply with the policy review requirement, as well as the Working Smarter Initiative directive to incorporate policies where appropriate.
Revisions to the policy include the following:
- incorporation of the probationary language from PPSM-61: Release During the Probationary Period or from Limited, Casual I Restricted, and Floater Appointments; and
- updating definitions with PPSM-3: Types of Appointment updates and remove any common term definitions and including a reference to PPSM-2: Definitions.
PPSM-61: Release During the Probationary Period or from Limited, Casual/Restricted, and Floater Positions.
The majority of the policy language and content has been incorporated into the recently approved revised PPSM-3: Types of Appointment, and the remaining probationary language has been incorporated into the attached revised PPSM-22: Probationary Period Policy.
AM-P-196-30 Payroll: OASDI and Medicare Contributions
This Accounting Manual Chapter was determined to be more a procedural/guideline and not a Presidential policy. This procedure will be moved into the Accounting Manual SharePoint site.
View or leave comments for ANR Leadership at http://ucanr.edu/sites/ANRUpdate/Comments.
This announcement is also posted and archived on the ANR Update pages.