- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
As mandated costs continue to outpace available funds, UC ANR is taking action to ensure financial prudence while continuing to devote our limited resources to our priorities. These include the approved systemwide merit program and the two UC ANR equity programs designed to improve the competitiveness of salaries for academics and staff, among other goals. Funding to plan programming targeted at achieving intended outcomes and impacts is also of high priority. Please see related programmatic funding updates below.
Program Team funding
- For FY 2019-20, UC ANR is providing funding for Program Team meetings, during which related Workgroups can also meet. These meetings provide the opportunity to network, share and learn. We ask that you prioritize your attendance at these meetings and be judicious in your expenditure of time and funds to participate. To find out about the meetings, check the Program Team meetings web page.
- Again this year, UC ANR program leadership will continue to solicit input on opportunities to improve our Strategic Initiative, Program Team and Workgroup structure and roles. Thanks to those who have provided valued input to date.
CE specialist and AES travel funds to work with CE advisors or at the RECs
- Continuing in FY 2019-20, UC ANR is making travel support available for CE specialists to collaborate with UC ANR academics off-campus, including CE advisors in the counties and UC ANR academics at the research and extension centers. Each specialist may apply for up to $2,500. These travel funds must be expended by June 30, 2020, used by the UCCE specialists only, and cannot be used for out-of-state travel.
- UC ANR continues to support travel by AES faculty to meet and work with UC ANR county-based or REC-based academics. Support is limited to $1,000 per AES faculty member with a cap on the total pool of funds available set at $25,000 for FY 2019-20. This travel support must be used by the AES faculty member for his/her own travel to plan and execute research. Additional support may be available through the campuses; AES faculty should consult their departments or colleges.
- Completing a short online survey is the only step in accessing these funds.
Associate Vice President
View or leave comments for ANR Leadership at http://ucanr.edu/sites/ANRUpdate/Comments.
This announcement is also posted and archived on the ANR Update pages.