- Author: Ben Faber
What Are the UC Ag Experts Talking About?
Join the online crowd
February 19, 2020
Dr. Elizabeth Grafton-Cardwell will talk about how insects develop resistance (including examples of resistance in citrus thrips, California red scale, and citricola scale), pesticide use tactics to avoid resistance, the potential for resistance in Asian citrus psyllid, and best practices for citrus pest management. One hour of DPR continuing education unit is approved.
webinar registration at Pesticide Webinar
This presentation is part of the series of 1-hour webinars, designed for growers and Pest Control Advisers, highlighting various pest management and horticultural topics for citrus and avocados. During each session, a UC Expert on the subject will make a presentation and entertain write-in questions via chat during and/or after the presentation. As we develop this program, we may expand to other crops.
- Gibbing in Avocados (Ben Faber, March 2020)
- Citricola scale by Elizabeth Grafton-Cardwell (April 2020)
- Invasive shot hole borers in avocado by Akif Eskalen (May 2020)
- Vertebrate pests by Roger Baldwin (June 2020)
- Ants in citrus by Mark Hoddle (July 2020)
- Use of plant growth regulators on citrus by Ashraf El-kereamy (August 2020)