UC ANR forms employee resource groups
I'm excited to announce my support of three new employee resource groups that are forming this month to connect and promote relationships among employees and to foster inclusive work environments across UC ANR.
If you are interested in joining one of these groups, I encourage you to reach out to the contacts listed.
UC ANR Black and Allied Employees (BAE)
The mission and purpose of the Black and Allied Employee Resource Group (ERG) is to:
- Foster communication and create space for connection among present, and in some instances past staff and academics. Our group provides an open forum with a safe space for dialect and encourages members to share their experiences for support, healing and collective reporting, either through informal internal channels or formal public channels.
- Provide educational and professional development information and opportunities for Black staff and academics in pursuit of growth in their current role and/or advancement within UC ANR. To help ensure equitability and open transparency in regards to instances of unfair stipends, promotions, appointments and reclassifications.
- To keep issues and conditions of Black members at the forefront of policy updates and help facilitate practice/policy creation when required. Examples include equal rights, anti-racism, anti-inclusion and discriminatory practices. We will continue to fervently seek policies of baseline professionalism and zero tolerance in regards to racism while maintaining justified and unified accountability.
LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group at UC ANR (LGBTQ+ ERG)
- To connect and promote relationships among employees with marginalized genders, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- To provide support, healing, and validation for members who experience discrimination and prejudice due to heteronormativity, cissexism, homophobia, and/or transphobia.
- To prioritize perspectives, experiences and voices of LGBTQ+ members.
People of Color Employee Resource Group at UC ANR (POC ERG)
- To connect and promote relationships among employees with marginalized racial and ethnic identities including people of color.
- To provide support, healing, and validation for members who experience racism, discrimination and prejudice.
- To prioritize perspectives, experiences and voices of POC members.
If you would like to be involved with the POC ERG, please fill out this form. Note that the final purpose, goals, and structure of the group will be determined by members. Questions about the POC ERG can be directed to the interim contacts Elaine Lander (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Liliana Vega (email@example.com).
If you are interested in establishing an employee resource group at UC ANR, please contact Bethanie Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org), Human Resources interim executive director. Please see the UC ANR Employee Resource Group webpage for more information about each group.
Please join our town hall tomorrow, March 18, to hear more about these groups and opportunities for employees to gather for networking, development, and supporting common life experiences or backgrounds.
Best wishes and thanks for all that you do for California!