I am extremely pleased to announce the following 10 UC Cooperative Extension positions are released for recruitment:
- #11 Plant Pathology Area Advisor, Santa Cruz County
- #13 Soils and Irrigation Advisor, Kern County
- #15 Urban Agriculture/Small Farms Area Advisor, San Bernardino County
- #27 Community Nutrition & Innovative Technologies Specialist, UC Davis
- #31 Forest and Fuels Management Specialist, UC Berkeley
- #37 Subtropical Crops Pathology Specialist, UC Riverside
- #45 Diversified Agricultural Systems Area Advisor, Lake County
- #55 Forestry and Natural Resources Area Advisor, Sutter-Yuba counties
- #59 4-H Youth Development, San Mateo-San Francisco counties
- #63 Integrated Vineyard Systems Area Advisor, at Hopland Research and Extension Center
Note that only the office location is noted beside the title; the CE Advisor positions are multicounty positions. A full description of each position is available at the corresponding position number at the bottom of https://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/Divisionwide_Planning/2018_Call_for_Positions, with some modifications.
In May 2021, Program Council identified 15 UC Cooperative Extension Advisor and five UCCE Specialist positions from the list of departures and the remaining positions from the 2018 position call process (updated in 2019) as critically urgent to fill. To avoid overwhelming our Human Resources colleagues, the other 10 positions of the 20 will be released in late September as we ramp up hiring for future recruitment.
We look forward to releasing additional positions for recruitment – both academic and program support members – throughout the next several months. Rebuilding our UC Cooperative Extension footprint, to address California's emerging and future needs, is made possible by the historic 2021-22 state budget increase. We are extremely grateful for the support and look forward to working with our partners to leverage these resources.