- Author: Pamela Kan-Rice
Self-care and support options
Stress is an ongoing part of life, especially throughout the pandemic, but understanding our options for self-care and support may make a significant difference in our health and well-being. We invite you to explore the generous benefit options that UC has to offer to help ease these stressful times.
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave for COVID Relief 2022 – Effective February 19, 2022, through September 30, 2022, the University is providing up to an additional 80 hours of 2022 Emergency Paid Sick Leave (2022 EPSL) for full-time employees and the two-week equivalent for part-time employees. The University will permit employees to use 2022 EPSL retroactively to January 1, 2022. In addition, 2022 EPSL also provides eligible employees, until September 30, 2022, to use any remaining hours from their 2021 EPSL entitlement.
- The Academic and Staff Assistance Program (ASAP) - Offers confidential, cost-free assessment, intervention, consultation and referral services to all UC ANR employees and their immediate families.
- Center for Advocacy, Resources and Education (CARE) - Provides free, confidential advocacy, support, and healing services to survivors of sexual harassment and all forms of sexual violence, including sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking.
- Child and Family Resources – A comprehensive listing of resources available to UC ANR employees including access to legal services, family care services and more.
Catastrophic Leave Sharing Bank Program - donations needed
UC ANR is requesting your participation in the Catastrophic Leave Sharing Bank Program. If you are interested in donating hours, please complete the donation form and send your e-mail directly to email@example.com.
- All donations are entirely confidential so that no peer pressure may be applied in any form.
- The minimum donation is 8 hours; donations above minimum must be in whole hour increments.
- Leave donations are limited to vacation only.
- Once processed, donations are irrevocable.
- Employees at or above their vacation accrual maximums are encouraged to donate.
- Please use only your ucanr.edu e-mail address (not a personal e-mail account) when making donations.