Published on: September 12, 2023
Understanding our options for self-care and support may make a significant improvement in our health and well-being. We invite you to explore the generous benefit options that UC has to offer to help ease these stressful times.
- The Academic and Staff Assistance Program (ASAP) - Offers confidential, cost-free assessment, intervention, consultation and referral services to all UC ANR employees and their immediate families.
- Ombuds Office Services - The UC Davis Ombuds Office provides UC ANR staff and faculty with off-the-record conflict management services. The Ombuds Office focuses on helping employees to develop strategies for navigating challenging situations, planning for difficult conversations, and/or addressing conflict. The Ombuds Office operates confidentially, informally, impartially and independently. Staff and faculty can also learn strategies for improving conflict management and communication skills by attending Ombuds sponsored workshops. For details, please visit https://ombuds.ucdavis.edu/services/training.
- Reasonable Accommodations - Reasonable accommodation is a reasonable change or modification that will enable an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. If an employee has a medical condition that affects their ability to work within the conditions of their assignment, it is critical to engage in the interactive process and coordinate with Human Resources to ensure we are accommodating appropriately based on feedback from a medical provider.
- Family and Medical Leave (FML) - UC is committed to supporting faculty and staff who need time off to care for themselves, a family member or to bond with a new child. FML provides job protection when employees need time off for a number of reasons, consistent with federal and state law.
- Center for Advocacy, Resources and Education (CARE) - Provides free, confidential advocacy, support and healing services to survivors of sexual harassment and all forms of sexual violence, including sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking.
- Child and Family Resources – A comprehensive listing of resources available to UC ANR employees including access to legal services, family care services and more.
- Catastrophic Leave Program – This program permits temporary salary and benefit continuation for eligible employees who have exhausted all paid leave credits as a result of a catastrophic illness or injury of an employee or family member, death of a family member, casualty loss suffered due to terrorist attack, fire or natural disaster.