- Author: Myriam Grajales-Hall
The study, How America Shops MegaTrends report, Moving On 2012, reports that Hispanic women are the most passionate and proactive shopper segment searching for the best. Hispanic women are more actively using mobile devices, coupons, online searches, dollar stores and deep discount retailers to save money, as compared to other female demographics.
According to the researchers, "To achieve the American Dream of having it all, Hispanic women shop more creatively than other demographics, utilizing every savings opportunity to get what their families need at the lowest price."
Here are some of the findings:
- More than half of Hispanic women search online before going shopping.
- Nearly 60 percent use apps to search for the lowest price.
- Three out of four use coupons to get the lowest sale price
- Sixty-three percent will travel further to shop at a store where they can save money.
- More than half (53 percent) are using their mobile devices in the store to find electronic coupons, sales and discount codes.
- Fifty-four percent only buy items that are on sale.
WSL/Strategic Retail conducted an internet survey, that included 1,950 respondents drawn from a nationally representative online sample.
Source: HispanicBusiness.com, Hispanic Women Are Smartest Shoppers: Study, June 5, 2012./span>