Virtual State Horse Classic
Videos can be filmed after patterns are posted on Friday, Sept. 18 at 5pm.
Video submission schedule
Sep 21 to Sep 26 at 6:00 pm: Western and Ranch classes
Sep 22 to Sep 27 at 6:00 pm: English, Dressage and Miniature classes
The California 4-H Equine Planning Committee is hosting the 2020 California 4-H Virtual State Horse Classic. This event is designed to allow 4-H members the chance to showcase the culmination of their hard work in their equine projects over the past year.
The 2020 Horse Classic will again be an event dedicated to over 2,885 4-H horse project members statewide.
Registration deadline is September 11, 2020.
Registration is now closed
- Complete a SEPARATE ENTRY FORM FOR EACH HORSE/RIDER COMBINATION.
- Entry fees must be paid in full by credit card.
- IMPORTANT: Register with a working email address. This email will be used to send you a confirmation and your contestant number. We will also send you the judge's evaluation forms via email.
- Download the fillable PDF form for the Participant Agreement. You need one per exhibitor, with signatures of the 4-H member, parent, leader and 4-H staff.
- Sponsorship form (optional, but highly recommended! see below)
Email completed forms to email@example.com
Registrations must be complete and submitted by September 11, 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
- For Breed Association High Point Awards: Include registered horse’s name and registration number in your registration. Email a copy of the registration papers to Shauna Bond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Championship Horse Show - $12.00 per class
- Dressage Tests and Classes - $12.00 per test
- Miniature Horse Classes - $12.00 per class
- Office fee - $5.00 per exhibitor
Cancellation and Refund Policy
The submission of your registration is a contractual commitment to California 4-H (CA 4-H) of your intent to participate in this event. Expenses for venues, judges, awards, and administrative needs are based on the number of registered participants. California 4-H will incur financial penalties when those numbers change.
Written requests to withdraw from this commitment received by September 15, 2020 will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be issued after this date. Submit your withdrawal request to email@example.com.
Exhibitors Bringing in Sponsorships
Get enough sponsorships and get all your classes paid for! Sponsorships must be received by the date of the virtual show.
See below for what you can receive for each sponsor:
- Day Sponsor: Receive seven (7) class free classes.
- High Point Award: Receive three (3) free classes.
- Horse Show Class: Receive one (1) free class.
Refunds will be applied to the exhibitor’s account after the event.
For Horse Classic Event Questions, please contact Shauna Bond, firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 530-260-3277.
For registration or payment questions, please contact Bernadette Ramirez, email@example.com
For technical questions, please contact Scott Mautte at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-750-1335.
Western Flat: Becky Greer Davis and Jorden Mahenski
Trail and Ranch Horse: Annette Anderson and Jaiden Mahenski
English and Dressage: Valerie Charlton, Emily Charlton and Maike Merletz
Miniature Horse Division and Driving: Shauna Bond
2019-2020 Horse Classic Planning Team
The 2020 California 4-H Virtual Horse Classic Committee consists of a variety of knowledgeable and dedicated committee members. Each one of these committee members have put forth a great deal of time and effort into making equine events an educational, enjoyable, and fun event for youth and adults alike.
- Shauna Bond, Lassen County
- Christine Fry, Madera County
- Dyllan Bond, Lassen County
- Amy Alongi, Stanislaus County
- Valerie Charlton, Marin County
- Nicole Johnson, Lassen County
- Becky Greer Davis, Kern County
- Annette Anderson, Lassen County
- Jennifer Ott Cameron, Santa Clara County
- Emily Charlton, Marin County (Youth)
- Maike Merletz, Marin County (Youth)
- Jorden Mahenski, Lassen County (Youth)
- Jaiden Mahenski, Lassen County (Youth)
The 4-H Horse Classic Committee would like to thank the exhibitors, parents, 4-H leaders, and adult volunteers for their hard work and their commitment to the California 4-H Equine Program. We hope that you will continue to share your positive experiences with others and encourage them to participate in the 4-H Youth Development Program.