We collaborated with colleagues at UC Riverside and across UC ANR to compile a summary of current research being carried out to combat the threat of HLB to California's iconic citrus industry.
Click on the file link below to see a web-ready version of the brochure
Research impacts from QBE so far
- Contributed to the design of state-interior quarantine areas for bulk citrus transport
- Provided scientific basis for regulation changes to require bulk citrus loads to be covered for transport between quarantine areas
- Developed pest risk analysis framework for industry to use for evaluating future changes to transport regulations
- Developed evidence base to permit reduction in the delimitation survey area around detected HLB cases to be reduced from a radius of 400m to 250m, reducing workload for regulatory program by >60%
- Established unique scientific advisory panel to provide support to state and industry decision makers on issue of HLB management (DATOC)