Posts Tagged: workgroups
Being able to connect is key to the success we in UC ANR enjoy in developing and providing solutions to help the people of California.
Please provide your input (see #3 under "Where are we?) to see how we might do this even better.
A summer survey to program team leaders and workgroup chairs asked for input on how we currently connect (and our current structure).
The three main findings were:
- Our current structure [roles of Workgroups (WG), Program Teams (PT) and Strategic Initiatives (SIs)] is - shall we say - somewhat “fuzzy.”
- Even with the lack of clarity on WG, PT and SI functions, people greatly value the opportunities to engage and interact.
- There is a desire to identify which of our (80+) workgroups are active and still needed.
Where are we? What are the actions in play?
- Workgroups: Frequently Asked Questions” A fact sheet on our structure was developed to help clarify roles – your feedback is welcome.
- Identify active Workgroups. This week, we are doing a follow up survey with WG chairs to seek input on the level of WG activity and connections.
- Your input welcome. We welcome your input through this simple survey - 5-10 minutes can help us all move forward. Please complete the survey https://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=26325 by Jan. 4.
What's next? After receiving input from you and the workgroup chairs, we will revisit our structure (program teams, etc.) and see how we can better connect.
Thanks for your efforts to help us positively impact the lives of all Californians.
Several program teams and workgroups will be meeting before the end of the year. See below.
Viticulture Program Team Meeting
Thursday, Nov. 3
J. Lohr Wine Center in Paso Robles
Discussion topics include wine grape production manual, GiESCO meeting and tour in Argentina/Chile, November 4 seminar and potential future seminars in other areas.
Program Contact: Mark Battany
SNE and EIPD Joint SI Conference
Wednesday, Nov. 16
The Conference Center, UC Davis
the Joint Strategic Initiatives Conference for Sustainable and Natural Ecosystems (SNE) and Endemic & Invasive Pests & Diseases (EIPD) provides an opportunity for colleagues to learn about the projects, programs, and research efforts happening throughout the Division that are at the intersections of pest management and natural resources. Several work groups will meet and an in-service training will be held in conjunction with this conference. The full agenda is here.
Meat Production and Food Safety Program Team Meeting
Wednesday, Nov. 30, through Thursday, Dec. 1
Nugget Hotel and Casino in Sparks, Nevada
Discussion topics include Taurus, livestock economics, water use by cattle on California rangelands, greenhouse gas emission and the livestock industry and more. See the full agenda here.
Vegetable Crops Program Team Meeting
Monday, Dec. 5 through Tuesday, Dec. 6
UC Davis, ARC Ballroom
The Weed Workgroup will meet with the Vegetable Crops PT on Dec. 6, and individually on Dec. 7 at the Lecture Hall in Bowley Center.
The UC ANR Pest Management Program Team will meet June 13-15, 2016, at the UC ANR Building at 2801 Second Street in Davis.
Planned workgroup meetings:
Spray Application Technology: Tuesday, June 14, 1 p.m. -5 p.m.
Plant Pathology: TBD
Workgroup chairs and other program team leaders who are interested in holding meetings in conjunction with this June meeting should complete a brief online form. Meeting space will be released by May 20 so please submit requests before that day to ensure availability.
If you have questions or need more information, contact UC ANR Program Support Unit.
Registration is now open for five program team meetings planned for this spring. More information on these meetings and program teams is online at http://ucanr.edu/sites/programteams/.
- March 8, Dairy Production and Food Safety, Embassy Suites, Monterey (held jointly with the first Golden State Dairy Conference).
- March 17-18, Pomology (formerly called PECC) Foundation Plant Services Pete Christensen Conference Room, Davis
- March 21-22, Youth Development and Healthy Behaviors Joint Meeting, San Joaquin Valley Room, 2801 Second St., Davis. The Diversity Workgroup is planning to meet on March 23-24
- March 22-23, Agronomic Crops, San Joaquin Valley Room, 2801 Second St., Davis. Precision Ag Workgroup is also planning to meet on the afternoon of March 23.
- April 11-12, Agricultural Production Systems, Putah Creek Lodge, Davis
- Date pending, Pest Management
Who should attend: Anyone (including ANR and non-ANR personnel) who wishes to be a part of any of the program teams that will be meeting. ANR will fund the travel of ANR academics and program representatives (be sure to obtain approval from your supervisor or program lead).
Workgroup chairs: If a program team that your workgroup is affiliated with is meeting and you'd like to convene your workgroup, complete a brief online form and UC ANR Program Support will make the arrangements for you.
Program team leaders: If you would like to convene your program team, please complete a brief online form. The Program Support Unit will respond to you as soon as possible.
Travel funds: Travel funds are available for ANR personnel. Please be prepared to estimate your travel expenses when you register. Travel approvals will be sent to you within one week of registration.