Contracts & Grants: Closeout
You will receive an automated notification from extramural accounting 90 days prior to the award end date that the award period is coming to an end. This checklist will assist you in assuring a timely and accurate close out of your award.
Review your financial ledgers and answer the following:
- Compare the approved budget with the ending actual budget. Is any re-budgeting required?
- Are all expenditures allowable based on the terms and conditions of the award?
- Were expenditures incurred within the budget period?
- Have payroll appointments been changed to ensure no further expenditures are recorded?
If changes are required to any of the above, contact the BOC or your Unit Business Manager.
No Cost Time Extension
A no-cost extension may be requested if the terms of your award are coming to an end and the project has not yet been completed. To request a no-cost extension, contact the Office of Contracts & Grants well in advance of the end date.
Submit Final Reports
The OCG monitors compliance with all final contract and grant reporting requirements. For federally sponsored projects, required reports generally include the following:
- Final technical or project report: The PI is responsible for submitting the required final technical or project report to the sponsoring agency. Evidence that the report was submitted should be provided to the OCG (i.e., transmittal letter or e-mail).
- Final financial report: The campus Extramural Funds Accounting Office prepares and submits the final financial report to the sponsoring agency as required by the award terms and conditions.
- Final invention/patent report: The PI submits final invention reports to the OCG, which submits final invention reports to sponsors. The report describes any new technology developed with support from the award, whether or not it has been disclosed to the Office of the President Office of Technology Transfer.
- Final equipment inventory report: If required by the award terms and conditions, contact the BOC or your unit Business Manager for guidance or assistance with preparation of an equipment inventory report, which will be submitted by OCG to the sponsoring agency
The terms and conditions of an award may require the PI to disseminate project results according to a specific plan. Examples include sharing results via:
- journal articles
- acknowledging the grant.
Review the conditions of your award for specific details on any publication conditions. Please note that some sponsors may require prior notice or a review period prior to disseminating results.
ANR Opportunities for Sharing Results
Online Course Delivery
The Instructional Systems Development group is a resource to help expand and explore the pedagogical efficacy of instructional technologies, both new and established. The CSIT instructional design team works to enhance the already-rich learning environment available to UC Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources constituents, the people of California.
California Agricultural Journal
California Agriculture is a peer-reviewed journal reporting research, reviews and news from the University of California and its Agriculture and Natural Resources division.
News Information & Outreach
News & Information Outreach shares information about UC ANR with the public through the news media, blogs, UC Delivers and other communications tools in English and Spanish.