Contracts & Grants: Proposal Development
Proposal Development Overview
Proposal Development Services are designed to increase investigator competitiveness and to expand UC ANR’s capacity to pursue major, multi- and interdisciplinary, team-based research initiatives, promoting growth in extramural funding for ANR programs by utilizing best practices in proposal development.
OCG offers the following services to aid investigators in proposal planning and preparation efforts.
- funding opportunity identification and targeted dissemination
- research team and partnership building
- project management and coordination across multiple universities
- non-technical writing and editing
- budget development
- liaison with funding agencies and governmental offices
- internal document collection and processing
- proposal development resources and training activities
Our level of involvement is dependent upon your needs and initial request for services (full vs. expedited assistance).
Request proposal development assistance for an upcoming project or contact us to discuss your funding needs.
Upon request for proposal development assistance, you will meet a pre-award team member to review the funding opportunity and proposed project. Staff will guide the proposal development process, coordinating efforts amongst investigators, external collaborators, and with internal UC ANR units on your behalf. In collaboration with your team, staff assess appropriate budgeting, alignment of research scope, as well as required resources and partnerships.
Proposal Development Services
Eligible projects must request at least $1M in total funding OR be any strategic initiative as defined by UC ANR leadership, and meet one of the following criteria:
- Two or more subawards to other UC campuses or external institutions
- Three or more Senior Key Personnel representing multiple disciplines