2016 Call for Positions
On December 14, 2016 UC ANR Vice President Humiston announced the the release of 26 CE positions from the 2016 call for a new round of hiring over the next two years. This new release continues the commitment for hiring to exceed projected turnover, thus achieving the goal of academic growth. And, as funding becomes available, UC ANR will consider additional positions.
January 12, 2016 solicited proposals for Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor and specialist positions in the ANR Update. The call identified positions for strengthening and expanding the UC ANR network to address programmatic gaps and emerging needs. Below this public webpage displays all 138 new CE position proposals (there is a search tool to assist in finding proposals).
The online submittal process was open from January 12 – May 5 (5:00 PM) to allow as much time as possible for internal consultation and external input from UC ANR stakeholders in all program areas. Submissions were accepted from the following official submitter groups:
- Strategic Initiative Leaders
- Program Team Leaders
- County and Multicounty Partnership Directors List
- Executive Associate Deans
The Review Phase was completed May 5 – August 1. All proposals were reviewed. The program area and unit reviews were conducted by the Program Teams; geographic groups of County/Multicounty Partnership and Research and Extension Center Directors, and the UC ANR affiliated colleges and school. These groups prioritized and provided rationale for the position proposals under their purview. This input was used to inform UC ANR Program Council’s recommendations and ultimately the UC ANR Vice President’s decisions. More information about the review process is available in the review orientation.
The public comment period was open Jan. 12 through July 11, 2016. Comments can be viewed by clicking the position links below. Comments were reviewed by the review groups, Program Council and the Vice President.
- 2016 Position Proposal Review Template (for use by approved review groups only; others use the public comments feature)
- 2016 CE Position Proposal Criteria
- 2014-2015 CE Advisor and Specialist Hires and 2016 Recruitments
- For CE programmatic footprint information refer to the Taxonomy and Personnel System
- 2016 CE positions flowchart(complete process and timeline)
If you have any questions, contact Katherine Webb-Martinez at (510) 987-0029 or email@example.com.
2016 URS Call for Positions
016 Area Environmental Horticulture Advisor
(1) Position will primarily focus on Environmental or Ornamental horticulture or arboriculture/urban forestry. (2) The position requires a minimum of a master’s degree in environmental or ornamental horticulture or arboriculture/urban forestry. Experience working with the nursery and/or landscape industry would be beneficial; and (3) The position will provide the technical support for professionals in sustainable landscape practices, nursery production, arboriculture/urban forestry and pest management, provide the educational support for professional organizations and the academic leadership for the UC Master Gardener Program in Stanislaus and Merced Counties. This position will collaborate with the UC IPM program, Statewide Master Gardener Program, local farm to school program and SAREP.
Proposed Area of Coverage
Stanislaus and Merced Counties
- Area Environmental Hort Advisor (pdf), uploaded 05/05/2016 by Theresa Spezzano