2018 Call for Positions
- #12 Production Horticulture Advisor, San Diego County
- #42 Agronomy Area Advisor, Merced County
- #54 Livestock and Natural Resources Advisor, Siskiyou County
- #58 Nutrition, Family, and Consumer Sciences Area Advisor, San Mateo-San Francisco Counties
- #62 Vegetable Crops and Small Farms Advisor, Riverside County
- #66 Pomology and Water/Soils Area Advisor, Kings County
In the fall of 2019, UC ANR embarked on the 2019 reconfirmation process. VP Humiston asked UC ANR programmatic groups (listed below) to reconfirm the 2018 CE position proposals list -- in order to fill a limited, small number of CE positions. She asked if there were higher priorities/critical needs/emergency gaps that weren't on the 2018 list of 46 but should be? Those were added to this web page at the end of November 2019, using the template and criteria below. Any 2018 proposals that needed significant revisions were updated and re-posted below.
- Any proposal numbered above 46 was submitted as an emergency gap proposal during the 2019 reconfirmation process.
- The following proposals were updated as part of the 2019 reconfirmation process: Advisor #'s 1, 4, 5, 8, 12, 42; and Specialist # 35.
- # 18 Wildlife Management Area Advisor was already under recruitment.
From January - September 2018 initiated the 2018 CE position call, soliciting proposals for Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor and specialist positions. The call aimed to identify positions for strengthening and rebuilding the ANR network to address programmatic gaps and emerging needs. Due to the budget situation the release of approved positions was on hold until the fall of 2019; VP Humiston's 2018 announcement.
For reference, 2018 new CE position development process: flowchart
To see the 2018 proposed ideas that did not move forward to submittal, click the sub page on the side navigation. These ideas could be further developed by later submittal groups.
UC ANR also continues to pursue non-traditionally funded positions as a complimentary strategy to grow the programmatic footprint. As of January 2020, UC ANR developed funding partnerships to deploy $2.7M in non-traditionally funded positions: 9 academics and 14 programmatic staff. There are UC ANR resources on:
Proposal Submittal Groups
For questions, contact Katherine Webb-Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 987-0029.
2018 URS Call for Positions
25 Animal Welfare and Behavior for Communities and Production Systems Specialist
This specialist position will be located in Veterinary Medicine Extension and will provide extension and outreach within the UC ANR network (advisors, specialists, AES faculty) and across the state for contemporary animal welfare issues relevant to large- to small-scale livestock production systems, including backyard producers. Areas of research emphasis could include animal welfare, ethology/animal behavior, social science, and allostatic physiology, with the actual focus being informed by a thorough evaluation of the needs of California animal agriculture, allied animal and food organizations, governmental agencies, and local community needs.
Veterinary Medicine Extension, School of Veterinary Medicine, UC Davis
Proposed Area of Coverage
- Edward Atwill - Main Contact
- Proposal Document - Embedded (docx), uploaded 05/15/2018 by Edward Atwill