2018 Call for Positions
- #12 Production Horticulture Advisor, San Diego County
- #42 Agronomy Area Advisor, Merced County
- #54 Livestock and Natural Resources Advisor, Siskiyou County
- #58 Nutrition, Family, and Consumer Sciences Area Advisor, San Mateo-San Francisco Counties
- #62 Vegetable Crops and Small Farms Advisor, Riverside County
- #66 Pomology and Water/Soils Area Advisor, Kings County
In the fall of 2019, UC ANR embarked on the 2019 reconfirmation process. VP Humiston asked UC ANR programmatic groups (listed below) to reconfirm the 2018 CE position proposals list -- in order to fill a limited, small number of CE positions. She asked if there were higher priorities/critical needs/emergency gaps that weren't on the 2018 list of 46 but should be? The .Those were added to this web page at the end of November 2019, using the template and criteria below. Any 2018 proposals that needed significant revisions were updated and re-posted below.
- Any proposal numbered above 46 was submitted as an emergency gap proposal during the 2019 reconfirmation process.
- The following proposals were updated as part of the 2019 reconfirmation process: Advisor #'s 1, 4, 5, 8, 12, 42; and Specialist # 35.
- # 18 Wildlife Management Area Advisor was already under recruitment.
From January - September 2018 initiated the 2018 CE position call, soliciting proposals for Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor and specialist positions. The call aimed to identify positions for strengthening and rebuilding the ANR network to address programmatic gaps and emerging needs. Due to the budget situation the release of approved positions was on hold until the fall of 2019; VP Humiston's 2018 announcement.
For reference, 2018 new CE position development process: flowchart
To see the 2018 proposed ideas that did not move forward to submittal, click the sub page on the side navigation. These ideas could be further developed by later submittal groups.
UC ANR also continues to pursue non-traditionally funded positions as a complimentary strategy to grow the programmatic footprint. As of January 2020, UC ANR developed funding partnerships to deploy $2.7M in non-traditionally funded positions: 9 academics and 14 programmatic staff. There are UC ANR resources on:
Proposal Submittal Groups
For questions, contact Katherine Webb-Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 987-0029.
2018 URS Call for Positions
41 Nutrition, Family, and Consumer Sciences Advisor
Position Title: The Nutrition, Family, and Consumer Sciences Advisor will focus on family resource/money management, nutrition interventions and food safety with an emphasis on obesity and diet-related chronic disease prevention including associated relevant issues.
Position: The Advisor will conduct applied research and extension education programs in nutrition and food safety, with an emphasis on obesity and chronic disease prevention and family resource management including money and food resource management to increase food security and access. The Advisor will coordinate with public and private sector collaborators in nutrition and community health; seek external funding to supplement federally funded nutrition programs, home food preservation program and research related to the Healthy-Families and Communities and Sustainable Food Systems Initiatives; and develop nutrition education and policy relevant materials/briefs. The Advisor will provide academic leadership in the delivery of the UC CalFresh Nutrition Education Program (UC CalFresh) and the UC Master Food Preserver Program in Stanislaus and Merced counties and supervision of the UC CalFresh Nutrition Supervisor.
Proposed Area of Coverage
Stanislaus and Merced Counties
- Talking Points_NFCS Stan.Merced Final (docx), uploaded 07/20/2018 by Anna Martin
- 2018 NFCS Advisor Proposal Stanislaus/Merced (docx), uploaded 07/20/2018 by Anna Martin