2021 Call for CE Positions
The 2021 CE Position Call was launched in August 2021 to identify UCCE Advisor and UCCE Specialist positions to be released over the next 12 months. The process has concluded.
The 2021-22 Release of UCCE Positions web page will list all the positions that have been released for recruitment as a result of this process. On March 14, 48 CE Advisor positions were released. CE Specialist positions will be announced in April 2022.
Rebuilding the UC Cooperative Extension footprint, to address California's emerging and future needs, is made possible by the historic 2021-22 state budget increase. We are extremely grateful for the support and look forward to working with our partners to leverage these resources.
While this state budget increase will allow UC ANR to hire more people and achieve greater impact, we will continue seeking funding from additional sources to support the appropriate number of people with expertise needed to consistently and significantly improve the lives of all Californians. UC ANR continues to pursue non-traditionally funded positions as a complimentary strategy to grow the programmatic footprint. There are UC ANR resources on: how to develop co-funded positions and shared benefits of funding partnerships.
Here is the link to the process flowchart with more details.
As in the past, we talked to our community partners and other stakeholders to identify the most pressing needs to prioritize the next rounds of hiring. We didn’t just refill past positions, instead we identified positions to address California’s emerging and future needs. Submittal groups, listed below, were expected to seek stakeholder input and work collaboratively across UC ANR units to make the best use of submission restrictions.
Review and consideration of UC ANR thematic cluster areas for hires was encouraged (see below) given building capacity in these areas is a priority to UC ANR.
- UC ANR thematic cluster areas for hires: Fire Advisor Network; Food System Resilience Network; Health Resilience Network; Urban Community Development Network; Water Resiliency Network.
- 4-H Youth Development and Youth, Families and Communities Academic Position Guidance
Those that submitted the position proposals:
- County Directors (1 position per county they oversee)
- Research and Extension Center Directors (1 position each Director)
- Statewide Program and Institute Directors (1 position each Director)
- Program Team Leaders (1 position each PT)
- UC Campus Provosts and/or Chancellors (# of positions varies, see link to process flowchart and details above)
For Advisor positions: The first four groups listed above submitted proposals, using the Universal Review System (URS) accessed from the ANR Portal.
For Specialist positions: UC Campus Provosts or Chancellors emailed proposals to Wendy Powers. For any questions, please contact Wendy Powers or Mark Bell. For more information regarding how appointments will be handled between UC ANR and UC campuses other than UCB, UCD, and UCR, there is a Memorandum of Understanding and the APM guidelines. Program Team Leaders will submit their respective group's reviews through the URS.
UCCE Programmatic Footprint Maps
- Link to landing page with some helpful information
- Link to dashboard with maps
- These maps illustrate current positions for UCCE Advisors, UCCE Specialists, other UCCE Academics, and Community Educator Specialists. They also illustrate UCCE Advisor and Specialist positions under-recruitment.
- This information can illuminate gaps and needs to inform UCCE position proposal development and future hiring.
- Google sheet for user questions & comments
For overall process questions, contact Katherine Webb-Martinez at email@example.com or (510) 987-0029.
For questions about using the Universal Review System (URS), contact Chris Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call For Positions
02 4-H Youth Development Area Advisor Mendocino Lake
Area 4-H Youth Development Advisor, Mendocino and Lake Counties
Proposed Area of Coverage
Mendocino and Lake Counties
- Lynn Schmitt-McQuitty (Statewide Program/Institute Director) - Main Contact
- Area 4-H Youth Development Advisor, Mendocino and Lake Counties (pdf), uploaded 12/10/2021 by Lynn Schmitt-McQuitty