Choose the right grass
Perennial ryegrassSpecies Selection
Success or failure begins with a choice of grass species that suits your site conditions and maintenance capabilities.
- How much wear tolerance do you need?
- Is your site in full sun or shade , or do you have both conditions?
- How much heat and drought tolerance would you like?
- What is the quality of your water?
- Do you need something that establishes quickly?
- What height is required for the intended use?
The following FREE publications contains a selection guide for turf type by use and conditions, and quick ID keys to the most common species in English and Spanish.
Common Turfgrass Species ID (Spanish)
No-mow Fine Fescues for California's Urban Landscapes
ONLINE GRASS IDENTIFICATION KEY HERE.