Water for Optimum Performance and Health
Keys to best irrigation management include:
- IRRIGATE SLOWLY and DEEPLY (8-12 inches) to encourage deep, healthy roots that resist drought.
- ADJUST VALVE RUN TIMES MONTHLY to reflect current grass needs.
- TURN VALVES OFF once rains begin in fall.
- DON'T TURN VALVES ON again until soil begins to dry out in spring.
- CHECK SPRINKLER HEADS regularly to make sure they are unclogged, aimed correctly, and not blocked by tall foliage.
- AERATE according to turf use to increase infiltration.
- CHECK FOR RUNOFF and adjust run times accordingly:
- Stop run time before runoff occurs.
- Add run times at 1-hour intervals until target depth is reached.
Water that runs off is water that's wasted!