- Author: Whitney Brim-DeForest
An in-depth workshop that covers the principles and practices of rice production:
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
8:30 – 3:00 pm
Lundberg Family Farms
Richvale, CA 95974
- 8:30 Sign in, pick up class materials
- 9:00 Introduction and Workshop Overview
- 9:10 Rice Growth and Development
- 9:30 Land Formation, Water Management
- 9:50 Tillage, Planting and Stand Establishment
- 10:10 Break
- 10:30 Variety Selection
- 11:00 Invertebrates
- 11:30 Diseases
- 12:00 Lunch
- 1:00 Fertility
- 2:00 Weeds
- 3:00 Adjourn
Enroll online at http://ucanr.edu/rice2018
Prepaid enrollment ($100) is required, and enrollment is limited to 75 people. Price includes Rice Production Workshop Manual, lunch and snacks. Please enroll by August 1st to ensure your participation. Seats will be filled on a first-come basis.
DPR and CCA continuing education credits requested.
For more information, contact Luis Espino (530-458-0578), Whitney Brim-DeForest (530-8227515) or Michelle Leinfelder-Miles (209-953-6120), Farm Advisors, UC Cooperative Extension.