UCCE Master Gardeners of Tuolumne County
Garden Tips for August
- Continue mulching to conserve soil moisture and control weeds.
- Keep harvesting vegetables for continued production.
- Do the final pruning of summer for fruit bushes.
- Prune apricots to avoid Eutypa fundus. Remove about 20% of this year's growth.
- To prevent the spread of brown rot, clean up debris around fruit trees and pick up dropped fruit.
- Control salt build-up on indoor plants; hose off the leaves and flush the soil with ample water.
- Attach bands of corrugated cardboard around apple tree trunks to trap codling moth larvae.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Have a Gardening Question?
Contact the Master Gardener Hotline:209-533-5912 or fill out the "Ask a Master Gardener" online form.
"Urban Drool Is not Cool"
Make sure your sprinklers are adjusted properly
Become a fan of UCCE Tuolumne County Master Gardeners' Facebook page by clicking here
Have a turf lawn in the summer-dry foothills? Go to http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/TOOLS/TURF/ to learn how to test your sprinkler output.