UCCE Master Gardeners of Tuolumne County
Garden Tips for November
- Prune and clean up for fire prevention.
- Oil and sharpen tools. Sand handles. Either varnish or spray paint handles to make them easy to find in the garden.
- Pull summer annuals and vegetables.
- Prune dead and broken branches on trees and shrubs.
- Rake and compost leaves and plant materials. Dispose of diseased materials.
- Water plants that rains cannot reach.
- Remove the bands of corrugated cardboard used to trap codling moth larvae from around apple tree trunks and dispose of them.
- Apply mulch.
- Remove “mummies” from fruit trees after.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Have a Gardening Question?
Contact the Master Gardener Hotline:209-533-5912 or fill out the "Ask a Master Gardener" online form.
"Urban Drool Is not Cool"
Make sure your sprinklers are adjusted properly
Become a fan of UCCE Tuolumne County Master Gardeners' Facebook page by clicking here
Have a turf lawn in the summer-dry foothills? Go to http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/TOOLS/TURF/ to learn how to test your sprinkler output.