Tuolumne County Master Gardeners
19th Annual Garden Tour & Water Smart Expo
Date: Sunday, June 8th, 2014
Time: 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Two beautiful gardens and Water Smart Presentations including Rain Water Collection and Gray Water.
$10.00 per ticket (12 & under free)
Purchase tickets online before the event using a secured online credit card system. Tickets may also be purchased (cash or check made out to UC Regents) the day of the event - see information below.
Tickets must be presented at each garden site for admission. Tickets must picked up at the Demonstration Garden located at 251 S. Barretta Street in Sonora the day of the tour. Look for the online ticket sales table.
Garden Tips for April
- Pinch chrysanthemums back to 6 inches every month through July.
- Trim dead flowers but not leaves, from spring bulbs.
- Mulch cane berries, cut out all old canes and reset new canes in twine.
- Cultivate and pull weed seedling now to prevent bloom.
- Check irrigation system and perform maintenance as needed.
- Check hoses as needed for fire protection.
- Prune apples, pears, any shoot tips with powdery mildew or fireblight; azaleas, rhododendrons, flowering fruit trees after bloom if needed, spring flowering shrubs, frost-damaged growth.
- Mow or cultivate grass around orchards to discourage thrips and plant bugs. Best time for cleft graphing.
- Control slugs, snails and earwigs with traps or barriers.
- Thoroughly clean debris from ponds, fountains and bird baths.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Home & Garden Show 2014
Have a Gardening Question?
Contact the Master Gardener Hotline:209-533-5912 or fill out the "Ask a Master Gardener" online form.
"Urban Drool Is not Cool"
Make sure your sprinklers are adjusted properly
Become a fan of UCCE Tuolumne County Master Gardeners' Facebook page by clicking here
Have a turf lawn in the summer-dry foothills? Go to http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/TOOLS/TURF/ to learn how to test your sprinkler output.