Tuolumne County Master Gardeners
19th Annual Garden Tour & Water Smart Expo
Date: Sunday, June 8th, 2014
Time: 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Two beautiful gardens and Water Smart Presentations including Rain Water Collection and Gray Water.
$10.00 per ticket (12 & under free)
Click the link above to purchase ticket(s) before the event using a secured online credit card system. Otherwise tickets can be purchased (cash or check made out to UC Regents) the day of the event - see information below.
Tickets must be presented at each garden site for admission. Tickets must picked up at the Demonstration Garden located at 251 S. Barretta Street in Sonora the day of the tour. Look for the online ticket sales table.
Garden Tips for March
- Prune grapes and roses.
- Cleanup: remove mummy fruit and blighted limbs on stone fruit to reduce brown rot. Remove and destroy fallen leaves to reduce peach leaf curl.
- Mulch cane berries, cut out all old canes and reset new canes in twine.
- Cultivate and pull weeds now!
- If weather permits, prepare beds for planting by spading in compost an soil amendments.
- Check irrigation system and perform maintenance as needed.
- Divide and replant herbs.
- To prevent sunburn and borer problems, paint young tree trunks with water based interior white latex paint 1:1 with water.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Home & Garden Show 2014
Have a Gardening Question?
Contact the Master Gardener Hotline:209-533-5912 or fill out the "Ask a Master Gardener" online form.
"Urban Drool Is not Cool"
Make sure your sprinklers are adjusted properly
Become a fan of UCCE Tuolumne County Master Gardeners' Facebook page by clicking here
Have a turf lawn in the summer-dry foothills? Go to http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/TOOLS/TURF/ to learn how to test your sprinkler output.