UCCE Master Gardeners of Tuolumne County
Garden Tips for March
- Prune grapes and roses
- Cleanup: remove mummy fruit and blighted limbs on stone fruit to reduce brown rot. Remove and destroy fallen leaves to reduce peach leaf curl.
- Mulch cane berries, cut out all old canes and reset new canes in twine.
- Cultivate and pull weeds now!
- If weather permits, prepare beds for planting by spading in compost an soil amendments.
- Check irrigation system and perform maintenance as needed.
- Divide and replant herbs
- To prevent sunburn and borer problems, paint young tree trunks with water based interior white latex paint 1:1 with water.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Have a Gardening Question?
Contact the Master Gardener Hotline:209-533-5912 or fill out the "Ask a Master Gardener" online form.
"Urban Drool Is not Cool"
Make sure your sprinklers are adjusted properly
Become a fan of UCCE Tuolumne County Master Gardeners' Facebook page by clicking here
Have a turf lawn in the summer-dry foothills? Go to http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/TOOLS/TURF/ to learn how to test your sprinkler output.